Have submitted for EOI to migrate to Australia..

Hello all,

I am planning to migrate to Australia. We are a family of 3 (myself, wife and a 3 yr. old kid). Initially I will be going there, and later rest will join.

Let me know what the major things are I need to plan before hand and what should be avoided.

Also need to know which states should be given priority for 190 and 491 EOI.

Also, what should be salary expectation in cities like Sydney for a family of 3 for decent lifestyle. (10 yrs. exp as a software engineer)

Also, whoever is migrating upcoming months, please ping so that can be in touch.

Thanks in advance.

When planning to migrate to Australia as a family, consider essential factors like visa applications, accommodation, schooling for your child, and healthcare. Research the requirements and processes for the 190 and 491 EOIs for preferred states. For a decent lifestyle in cities like Sydney, the salary expectation for a software engineer with ten years of experience ranges from AUD $100,000 to $150,000 annually. Connecting with others who are migrating soon via forums or expat groups can offer valuable insights.

@freyajan1 Thanks

You're going to love it there. I grew up there (moving from the UK at 3 years old). I'm back in the UK now but miss OZ a lot. Sorry not helping on your questions but just to say go for it!

@priceatradematt Thanks

Congratulations on your decision to migrate to Australia! Beforehand, plan housing, schooling, and healthcare. Research states offering favorable conditions for your profession and lifestyle. Regarding salary expectations, Sydney's living costs are high; aim for a comfortable range based on your experience. Best wishes for your migration journey!