Applying for a life partner visa in SA

Hi,

My name is Marieke, I am from the Netherlands and have been coming to SA for the past 10 years. My partner is from SA. I love it here and am now in the process of applying for my life partner visa with business endorsement as I would like to set up my candle business here.

I have a few questions:

Can anyone confirm that I can definately apply from within SA for my life partner visa?

I was under the impression that I can but all websites give very contradictive info so i am totally confused. Some say I can apply here in SA but some say it has to be in my home country that I can not apply while I entered on a tourist permit of 90 days.

I am planning to apply 28 days before this tourist visa expires so applying end of Aug ( my partner only comes back to SA then unfortunately). I am now in the process of gathering all docs, going to open up a PTY next week etc.

Can I start my business only once the visa comes through (I hear this can take up to 1 year?) or can I start as soon as my application has been done?

Can I leave the country in the meanwhile while waiting for the visa? They had a special directive last year but not sure if that's still in place?

Can anyone provide me with a pdf document of what documents are needed in order to apply for the life partner visa? this information is also very contradictive I find on different websites.

I have been with my partner for nearly 10 years but can only proof cohabitation for the past 2 years since we bought a house here in SA. I have old electric bills and flights purchased in both our names but there is a few year gab in between due to our working situation we had to live in different countries but were still in the relationship.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Marieke

@mariekevdbrand hi how are you, you can email me at:-

And I will send you all the information you need regarding business andd live partner. I am Pinky from Botswana but I now stay in SA

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@mariekevdbrand

Dear Marieke,

I would recommend, you find a good immigration lawyer who will answer all your questions correctly.

Good luck with your future endeavours, I am sure your business will do well in SA.

Thank you

Kumari

@Guestposter200

Hello we have also a lot of questions concerning the life partner visa. Do you have any more information now?

Hello Springbok, Welcome !

He is no longer on the forum unfortunately. I would suggest that you open your own topic on the South Africa forum so that active members may provide some feedback.

All the best

Bhavna