Travel Documents

So I have completed (online) the mandatory travel declaration form for us -  both entry and exit forms. American Airlines shows there are no longer any Covid requirements or paperwork to fill out.

Obviously we have our passports, IDs, etc as well. Are there any other documents we are expected to provide?

You are good to go!!

@planner

Yesss!!!!   1f642.svg

Thank you Planner!

Good to go! Safe travels!

@Mark and Al If you don't have international cell service: 

Print everything you think you might need here... your e-tickets for the DR end, directions/maps to your lodgings, etc.  I was told the Puerto Plata airport would have wi-fi, but when I got here and asked, I got "no, no wi-fi."  I don't know.  Either way, I had printed my e-ticket so I was good.  However, getting to my lodgings was a huge mess.

Hindsight, I should have added international cell service to my phone at least for that day of travel.  It would've saved a lot of frustration and headaches.  As a backup plan, having the printed maps and directions would have helped.  However, my host said, just give this address... they'll know.  Not true.

Good advice. I printed copies of our passports, our DR E-tickets, and some local maps. For better or worse, I rented a car so we'll see how that goes...

Go figure -  American Airlines online check in system is down, so I haven't been able to print our boarding passes yet. Hopefully that gets fixed before we leave for the airport.

You can always print out your boarding passes at the airport to come here , I do all the time at the airport but you will still need an E-ticket

Last year, I flew into Seoul with all my e-tickets printed out, thinking I was good to go. But boy, was I wrong! Turns out, my phone didn't pick up any signal, and the airport's Wi-Fi was spotty at best—cue the panic. In hindsight, I wish I'd sorted out international cell service like you mentioned.

@Mark and Al

I flew out of POP recently after a vacation. We arrived early because we had to print out boarding passes and because who knows what might happen to delay us, and the American airlines check-in system wasn't scheduled to start for another hour! So we waited and dealt with another problem, one of my friends couldn't find her e-ticket QR code confirmation on her phone. 🙄 Lesson learned, always print out that QR code, and arrive early, just in case.

@SandyS_retired

I totally understand. Had the same thing happen at SD airport. phone failed, not good wifi at the airport. I was hosed and could not get out of the airport I was at the mercy of the dr sharks that wait for tourists getting off the plane. Landed at 5pm, escaped finally at 11pm. Each time i go ( 9th) trip, I learn more about what to do and not do. Always have a plan B IN PLACE and maybe a plan C as well. Once I got out of the airport , I had the best time ever. Wonderful city, wonderful people! Email everything to yourself and print everything as well. I will be back in June for 30 days. Planning the final move to the DR in 2025.

@brandonleverett

Best of luck to you, it's still my dream to move there too, gotta find a remote job first.  Then I'll get to navigate all these residence issues everyone here talks about. 

We'll be fortunate because when we move down we'll be retired so we just need to navigate the residence issues 1f601.svg. Reading about the problems with e-tickets makes be glad that I still mistrust technology and use paper boarding passes. 

@sparks1093you still have to complete the DR customs imgration e ticket to enter and leave the DR. No more paper!

@CHRISTOPHER DAVID56 D'oh, I thought e-ticket referred to the boarding pass. Thanks for the clarification!

@sparks1093both (e) for electrónico

@Jennifer Storm Nelson

always do a screenshot of the eticket qr code save it somewhere else on your phone. you now have a back up

@Jennifer Storm Nelson

did remote work for my prior company, but for security reasons they required a static ip address, that is only assigned to businesses, had to establish business account with claro, that runs about $11,000 dominican a month, just a heads up

@CHRISTOPHER DAVID56

what most people do not know is in the fare pricethey have included the $20 us that was charged when you went thru customs. As a resident you are not supposed to bee charged,  neither are native dominicans but everyone pays it .There is a way to get reembursed but good luck with that kind of convoluted. Think about it $$$ being kept by thr DR govt

I always send a copy to my email , take a picture , and message ,  which ever i can pull up first is the one i show ,  can't  lose all 3 🙄

@om2252001

Agree,  thats a whole another animal