Question about marriage forms

Hello,

I have a quick question about how long my forms will be at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores. I have all my forms signed by the Peruvian embassy in Canada and they are legalized. I am now going to send them to Peru via DHL to get translated in Peru before I arrive on June 13. My fiance said that once they are translated they need to go to the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores to be signed before we can go to the municipalidad. Can anyone here who got married to a Peruvian help me out on this timeline?

Thank you!

Jenna

Trámites.

Dealing with government paperwork in

South America can require a lot of patience.

I do work-arounds whenever possible to avoid

excessive trámites.  For instance, I carry

two passports when I travel

because getting my permanent visa for Ecuador

moved to my current passpost seemed like a

lot of unnecessary trouble.

With due respect to the OP of this thread, attempting

to predict how long you might wait in queue for

processing of a form is a fool's game.   Historically,

bureaucrats in Ecuador are infamous for asking for

one or more additional documents, meaning hunting

down the document, possibly with an apostille attached

and making another trip to the agency in Ecuador.

The more patience you can summon (bring a book and

your lunch), the easier the process can be.

----

Pro tip... my immigration attorney in Quito liked us to

arrive at the relevant agency as early as possible

to obtain the most reliable and prompt service.

cccmedia in Quito

I understand you cant predict how long it will take. I just am seeing what others have experienced. :)

@jennahurtubise once your documents are translated and taken to the Ministerio de Exteriores, legalisation can be done in a few hours. Ensure whoever will do the legalisation gets there on time.

Most importantly, please make sure you're using recognized translators in Peru, else you may have to redo the translation if the Ministerio de Exteriores does not recognize the seal of the translator, which may take extra days to redo.

Usually when your documents are reviewed and they're in order at the Ministerio, they'll give you a payment slip which you'll take the bank to pay. When you get back, that's when the legalisation begins. In a few minutes or few hours depending on the number of people available, and how early you got there. That's pretty it.

The above are based on my personal experience. I've had to legalise documents about 4 times and this was the routine for me.

@Stralande thank you :)

I have done this type of process for my clients, if you go there early it can be ready for next day. It will not take longer than a week.

@jennahurtubise

It takes less than a week. I will advise your husband to go there and check.

The paper work is personal. Good service though