Requirements needed to move over to Reunion island

My name is Anthonia Austine, my husband is currently living in Mauritius, but planning to move to reunion island, what are the requirements needed for him to move over?

Hello Anthonis Austine,

Welcome on board !

EU citizens can move there without any particular restriction/formalities.

What is the nationality of your husband ?

Normally, he needs to find a job, work contract prior to moving so that a work permit/visa can be processed.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna my husband is from Nigeria but he is currently living in Mauritius.

In that case, he needs a work contract prior to moving, an employer who is willing to employ him so that he can process the work visa and residence permit.

Try looking for a job on LinkedIn, Pole Emploi and request that he creates his CV in the Jobs in Reunion Island section.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi Bhavna!

Thanks for replying to this topic!

May I pick your brain for another question concerning myself 😊 :

My nationality is German, my wife's nationality is Malagasy.

What documents do I need if I want to become a resident on Réunion Island together with my wife?

Merci beaucoup en avance pour votre aide 😊,

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

Welcome on board !

I am part of the Expat.com Team and not based in Reunion Island.

For what purpose do you want to obtain residency ? (work, retirement, business)

For EU citizens it is not complicated.

Regards

Bhavna

Hi Bhavna!

Thank you, happy to be here!

My revenues are coming from rental income and it's those revenues that I want to obtain my wife's visa with.

My revenues are above the minimum amount required ("en couple (marié), sans enfant"):

https://www.service-public.fr/particuli … p;quest1=0

Thank you and have a nice day 😊

Stefan

Hello... where do we need to apply for the work visa? Already got a job, just need to apply for the work visa.

Not EU citizen.

Thanks

Candy

Hello Candy,

Welcome on board !

The employer should initiate the process for your work permit.

Details here : https://www.service-public.fr/particuli … oits/F2728

Has he contacted the authorities ?

Regards

Bhavna

I am from India and my wife is a French citizen and she lives in Reunion Island and I am currently in Reunion Island on Visa waiver as a tourist  what will be my procedure can i stay here with my wife for long term or else i will have to take long term visa from france embassy after going to india.will documents be there for me? if i apply for visa please  guide me . i am very confused. What should I do, what should I not do? I don't see any right way because I have to go back to India from here. Because I don't have any long stay visa. I am here only for a few days.Or it may also happen that without visa I will get some exemption to stay here with my wife by applying on paper from here, because I am married in India.  Our marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act.  Completely complete.

I hope to get good information from you all.  I will get good way like my problem will be solved and I will be together with my wife for a long time.

The best (and I would say only) place to get reliable information about your situation will be from the Prefecture of Reunion. You should call to make an appointment with the Service des Etrangers.

I am a British Citizen and want to relocate to Reunion Island.  I don't have a job, but I have an income from England which is subsidised.  The UK left the EU, but I was wondering if there is still any connection with regard to me being able to remain with no restrictions.  Thank you.

Unfortunately since Brexit, and bearing in mind that Reunion is not part of the Schengen area, you are now limited to (I think) a stay of only 3 months after arrival.

Since Brexit British passports are now stamped with entry (and exit) dates.

Hi There

I'm a teacher in South Africa looking to relocate to Reunion. I hold a South African and an Irish passport. Please let me know where I can find teaching positions.

Regards

@hughes73

Hello and welcome !

i would suggest that you create your CV in the Job offers in Réunion Island section of the website to put forward your skills.

You may also google search for schools and do not hesitate to send them your spontaneous application!

All the best

Bhavna

@champacs Thank you for the info.