Residency permit

I am seriously (very much so) at Swakopmund (me 60 and my wife 50+ (both Dutch)), very interesting properties indeed, we speak Dutch, English, German and even Russian.

The frustrating thing is we want a residency permit with buying a house, apparently you can only apply for permit after.

Please consider a situation we invest our money to live but we can have no permit?

Can somebod advise?

Buying property in Nam is not a problem, applying for residency, on the other hand, is far more complex. Also, when you apply for residency,  you need an/your address, and the deed/contracts for the house, as well as submitting other (financial) background. Both issues are independent from each other.

@cdw057 unfortunately for you the Namibian government will not recognize your investment as a benefit for them and local people. You will invest for yourself basically. Unless, you establish a business and employ few people. And it does make sense. Otherwise Namibia  will be flooded with people from around the world. I have two properties here but I got married a Namibian recently. I knew from the start that I cannot quality for any permits just because I own the properties. In Europe you have to invest half a million to get golden visa. And I think per person. Best thing is to ask the agency and they will explain to you everything. Best regards

@NatNamibia Thank you for your good reply, we have funds, but we ar not millionaires.

Please the scenario when we buy but not allowed to live (pemanently)

Nightmare, really a shame I have to dismiss Namibia.

We could contribute quite a bit economically.

A few years ago there were discussions about golden (i do not know how golden, but another matter) visa, disappeared I think.