Grab yes or no?

What has been your experience investing in a Grab and a driver (I do not want to drive myself)?

What has been your experience investing in a Grab and a driver (I do not want to drive myself)?
-@mikaelarhelger

I have been using Grab for four years and find there service to be honest, as you know the fare in advance. Also the vehicles are newer and kept clean. They are a bit more expensive than a cab but nothing unreasonable.

One time I couldn't get Grab so had to use a taxi, older vehicle, dirty and the driver long hauled us to increase the fare price, the increased fare came out of his tip.

Uber sold out to the Singapore based Grab outfit a few years ago. Never used them yet in Manila. Yes Filipino taxi drivers will occasionally pull a fast one akin to Turkeys voting for xmas - 'we're not going to use the meter as we'd prefer you to take a Grab next time'

Had a great time in the Indonesian mountain city of Bandung recently where I used my Gojek app to ride around the city on motorbike taxi's. If only Manila taxi drivers were as professional as the Bluebird taxi drivers in Jakarta..

mikeelarhelger - what do you mean when you say: investing in a Grab and a driver

---

I have used Grab recently in Manila area two weeks ago while on vacation there. I cannot drive in Manila and suburbs, impossible. Grab is certainly more expensive than hailing an 'honest' taxi and a whole lot more clean vehicle. I also used a few taxis and it is very mixed experience. I got one good taxi but the rest are not. A/C not cooling, higher fees on the meter than Grab, dirty upholstery and a driver pretending not familiar to your destination so he drives around.

And worst of all, the wife had something to say about me hailing a taxi. Never again!🤣

Used Grab many times in Manila and they can go as far as Tagaytay. Also found a good taxi driver, got his number and was available to make some trips when needed. Day rates for drivers are expensive however. Also went by tuktuk a few times, but can only take that bumpy ride for short distances. Can't wait to get a car once i'm here permanently!