Looking for flat in central Athens

Hi
I'm moving to Athens end Aug and looking for flat central Athens.

I don't know athens and are a bit afraid of picking the wrong area ect. if i don't get a bit of help.

Im looking for 1-2 bedroom, safe area and decent quality.

I'm planning to book a hotel room the first week to make sure that i don't have to rush into anything.

If anyone have the time for a little guided tour so i know where to look and avoid i'll pay the lunch/dinner

Regards

Brian

Hello Brian, welcome on board Expat.com :)

You might want to check-out our Athen's Classifieds -> Accomodation section.

Hope this helps!

Arlette

Hi Arlette

Tks. looked through it and im primarely looking at Plaka. Hear that is a nice area and very central.

I don't know how bad the trafic is but also hear that Glyfada is nice.

Regards

Brian

its good that your getting a hotel for a week but i suggest 2 weeks.

if you can get near a metro station you can get in to the centre pretty quick, so the prices will be cheaper.

the transport system is pretty good in athens.

also ask a good greek friend to help you. its better if you know somebody and you have work here. if you dont the people wont rent to you so easily.

you will need to give about 2 months rent upfront.

if you still get stuck just email me with any questions.

hope this helps.

Tks. for the reply.

The first week i will be viewing an appartment in Plaka and take a look at a couple of apartments in Glyfada and Voula.

I have to check what the transport time is from glyfada, voula and to centrum where i will be working a bit.

I have work and can pay 2 months upfront.

My idea is to find 2-3 canidates and run it past our Greek director to get his opinion before making up my mind.

Regards

Brian